Games art and production at Confetti
Immerse yourself in the world of gaming design at Nottingham’s creative hub. Wherever your strengths lie, at Confetti we will nurture your talents and give you the experience, practice and access to the right facilities to allow you to grow your skills in the gaming field.
Why you should study games art and production with us:
- Benefit from being part of Nottingham Trent – University of the Year 2017
- Get access to industry-spec workstation PCs running a variety of software packages
- Our annual Industry Week is inspiring for students, and features talks from a variety of household names such as Andy Davis (Rockstar Games), Hollie Bennett (PlayStation Access Channel Manager) and Karl Hilton (Crytek)
- At Confetti, we pride ourselves on our industry links which allow students to ‘do it for real’ and experience working in their chosen industries alongside their studies. Past students have gained work experience with the likes of Lockwood Publishing, Dambuster Studios and many others, allowing them to fully immerse themselves within the gaming industry whilst still studying – not just learn about it from a distance
Our students’ work
Meet the industry
Expect a course jam-packed with big-name guests hosting talks and workshops, giving you the chance to meet some of the most well-connected names in the music industry.
- BAFTA award-winning Senior Concept and Environment Artist Anna Hollinrake
- Andy Davis – Splash Damage
- Mike Bithell from Thomas was Alone
- Ian Livingstone
- Deepsilver Dambusters
- Lockwood Publishing
Courses available in this subject area
GAMES – AIM LEVEL 2
Full time | 1 year
Are you a keen gamer who would love to be involved in developing games? If so, this course is the right choice for you, giving you the skills you need to start your journey towards this rewarding and exciting career. The course will teach you how to plan and program, as well as giving you a good grounding in graphics creation and the art of storytelling within games.
GAMES TECHNOLOGY – BTEC LEVEL 3
Full time | 2 years
For anyone interested in game development and production, our Games Technology course is a great step towards a career in gaming. During the course, you will learn both theoretical and practical skills crucial within this field, developing skills in industry-standard software such as games engines, modelling packages and production tool
Find out more
Advice & Support
You’ll have access to a wide range of Student Support Services – all geared up to help you get the most out of your time here.
Book onto an open day
Coming to an open day can be crucial in helping you decide where – and what – you want to study
Fees & Funding
Fees and funding can be quite difficult to get your head around. We’ve pulled together all you need to know in one handy section.