2 years full-time
- 5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (A*-C)*
- An appreciation of and a passion for film and TV with a level of practical experience and/ or a Level 2 qualification in the subject area
Fees & funding:
Visit our fees & funding page for more information.
How to apply:
When you're ready to apply, there's a few ways to start the process.
Introduction to the course
Ever wanted to make a short film, documentary or music video? This is your chance. Aimed at aspiring writers, producers, cinematographers and directors – this course combines theory and practice to give you an all-round understanding of the highly competitive and exciting film & TV industries.
- Industry-standard production techniques
- Different production roles and gain valuable experience
- The history of the film & TV industries
- How to create a range of moving image productions from short films to music videos and live television productions
- How to engage with industry professionals and make real links to industry opportunities
- How to create your showreel to prepare for a career in the film & TV industry
What you'll study
Through practical workshops and theory based lectures you will build skills in video and audio production and editing, as well as gaining valuable understanding in how to get your ideas from script to screen.
Working alongside professional musicians you will study the codes and conventions of music videos before creating your own. You will also learn photography techniques to develop your cinematography skills and begin studying film theory to help you better understand the nuances of filmmaking.
In the final term of year 1 you will study advanced filmmaking and editing techniques and learn the art of script writing before creating and screening your own short film. Additionally you will have the opportunity to learn supporting creative software such as Adobe Photoshop to make you a fully rounded media producer.
In the second term you will continue to develop your filmmaking skills by carefully planning and producing your own documentary. You will also gain critical research skills and an understanding of the many different roles within the creative media industries.
This term focusses on working in our new TV studio where you will gain experience in the many different roles associated with multi-camera television production to produce a panel show or sit-com. Along with this you will learn how to create visual effects and motion graphics using Adobe After Effects.
In the final term of the course you will learn how to find and sustain work in the Film and TV industries. The course culminates in a film festival where you can show off your filmmaking skills and maybe even win an accolade at our awards ceremony.
On this course you’ll have access to:
- A range of broadcast quality video cameras
- Professional grip and lighting gear
- State of the art TV studio and gallery
- Mac and PC computer suites
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Final Cut Pro X
- Green Screen Studio
The Confetti Classroom
At Confetti our classrooms are unique. As part of their course, our students get the chance to go out into industry and Do It For Real at locations across the UK! Check out our interactive map to see how our classrooms are different and to get a taste of the kind of experiences you could take part in whilst studying at Confetti.
As part of the course, students are given access to a week of bespoke activities during Industry Week where a host of industry guest speakers gather for talks, lectures and workshops with students. Past guests have included:
- Director Shane Meadows
- BAFTA winner Vicky McClure
- SB:TV’s Jamal Edwards
- The Inbetweeners star Lydia Rose-Bewley
- Documentary filmmaker Nick Broomfield
- Emmerdale actors Sammy Winward and Roxy Shahidi
Continue your studies
Your time at Confetti doesn’t have to stop once you finish your college course. Choose to continue your studies on our range of foundation and full honours degrees that can help you further develop your skills and obtain the experience you need to get a head start in your career:
- Camera operator
- Production assistant