1 year full-time
- 4 GCSEs grade 9-3 (A*-D)* including English and maths
- An appreciation of and passion for digital video and photography with a level of practical experience
Fees & funding:
Visit our fees & funding page for more information.
How to apply:
When you're ready to apply, there's a few ways to start the process.
Introduction to the course
Interested in video production and photography? This college course will help you develop your skills in photography, filmmaking, audio recording and lighting for still and moving image. You’ll build an excellent foundation to progress onto a Level 3 course in Film & TV, Graphic & Digital Design or VFX.
96% of students on this course feel the teaching they receive is of a good standard. (QDP Survey Results 2021)
- How to plan and pitch your ideas
- How to light, shoot and edit your own video and photography projects
- The skills needed to produce a portfolio of digital photography
- Image manipulation and editing skills using Adobe Photoshop
- The skills to record and edit audio for your video projects
- Video and photography production processes
- English and Maths skills
Students have the opportunity to go on some great visits during their studies. Recently, a group were lucky enough to visit the Warner Bros. Harry Potter Studios. There are also plenty of opportunities to visit locations in and around Nottingham for location shooting like Holme Pierre Pont, The Castle and Wollaton Hall.
What you'll study
During this term you will develop a range of skills required when working with still and moving images. You will develop skills in camera operation, lighting, editing, audio acquisition and project planning.
During this term you will develop a creative media project tailored to your own personal development that encompasses both stills photography and video skills.
In your final term you will have the opportunity to bring together all of the skills you have acquired throughout the course in order to produce a creative response to an industry brief.
On this course you’ll have access to:
- Mac and PC computer suites
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Green screen studio
- Sony DSLR cameras
- Zoom H4N audio recorders
Every year we welcome family, friends and industry professionals to watch, listen, test and play the fantastic work of our college students. This year, in light of the current restrictions, we’ve taken this showcase online.
We offer lots of opportunities to our students throughout the year, but we really dial it up with our annual Industry Week. Like no other, we go off timetable for a week, inviting some of the biggest names the creative industries to deliver talks, workshops and masterclasses for our students. We organise these types of events to enrich our students' education with real world experiences.
Past Industry Week guests have included:
- Film maker and director - Sarmad Masud
- Cinematographer - Neil Oseman
- British screenwriter - Russell.T.Davies
Check out our OnDemand service here.
Continue your studies
Your time at Confetti doesn’t have to stop once you finish your college course. Choose to continue your studies on our range of foundation and full honours degrees that can help you further develop your skills and obtain the experience you need to get a head start in your career:
- FdSc Television Production Technology
- BSc (Hons) Television Production Technology
- FdSc Film Production Technology
- BSc (Hons) Film Production Technology
- FdSc Visual Effects Production Technology
- BSc (Hons) Visual Effects Production Technology
- FdA Graphics and Digital Design
- BA (Hons) Content Creation
- BSc (Hons) Virtual Production
- Audio/visual technician
- Broadcast assistant
- Assistant sound engineer
- Production assistant