2 years full-time
- 5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (A*-C)* including English and maths
- An appreciation of and a passion for games with a level of practical experience and/ or a Level 2 qualification in the subject area
Fees & funding:
Visit our fees & funding page for more information
How to apply:
When you're ready to apply, there's a few ways to start the process.
Introduction to the Course
During this two-year course you'll learn the key elements that form the esports industry.
Leveraging Confetti's specialist facilities, we'll teach you about live streaming using the same industry standard broadcast technologies used for esports tournaments worldwide.
We'll teach you how to live mix and edit audio and video content, and produce tournament ready lighting effects and motion graphics.
You'll learn the theory of game design, to support the creation of your own competitive game ideas.
You'll learn the importance of nutrition and personal fitness for esports competitors alongside a wide range of other subjects, key to developing your knowledge, understanding and skills.
- An introduction to the world of esports – a global industry
- Analytical skills and strategies used in esports by shoutcasters, athletes, teams and coaches specific to established and recognised gaming titles
- How businesses within esports operate, and how you can engage in developing the future of the UK esports scene
- Core games design theory associated with competitive gaming
- The importance and value of health, wellbeing and fitness for esports athletes
- Broadcast technologies and online streaming practices, focusing on the usage of premium hardware and software
- How to put on and engage with esports events when assuming a range of different roles associated with the production, marketing, management and participation
- Developing a career within the esports industry
Your modules will include:
- Introduction to Esports
- Esports Skills, Strategies and Analysis
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the Esports Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Fitness for Esports Players
- Esports Events
- Live-Streamed Broadscasing
- Producing and Esports Brand
- Video Production
- Games Design
- Esports Coaching
- Psychology for Esports Performance
- Nutrition for Esports Performance
- Customer Immersion Experiences
Taught in our bespoke Confetti HQ, you’ll work in state-of-the-art facilities and on new, ground-breaking technology, including:
- High-spec, purpose built, gaming PCs and workstations
- Past and next-gen games consoles
- High quality streaming software
- Professional production quality lighting, cameras and microphones
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Autodesk Suite’s 3DS Max, Maya and Mudbox
- Unreal and Unity Game Engines
Alongside the facilities and resources, you will be given the opportunity outside of sessions to make use of our Esports studios for training and engaging with esports tournaments.
Every year we welcome family, friends and industry professionals to watch, listen, test and play the fantastic work of our college students. This year, in light of the current restrictions, we’ve taken this showcase online.
Every year we go off timetable and invite some of the biggest names in the games industry to deliver talks, workshops and seminars for our students. It’s a great opportunity for our students to gain invaluable insights and industry connections.
Past Industry Week guests have included:
- The Oliver Twins
- Games Workshop
- Splash Damage
- Anna Hollinrake
- Joe Tyas
Continue your studies
Your time at Confetti doesn’t have to stop once you finish your college course. Choose to continue your studies on our range of foundation and full honours degrees that can help you further develop your skills and obtain the experience you need to get a head start in your career:
- Esports Competitor
- Esports Coach
- Shout Caster or Presenter
- Social Media Influencer
- Live Events Technician
- Broadcast Technician
- Video Editor