2 years full-time
- 5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (A*-C)* including English and maths
- An appreciation of and a passion for games with a level of practical experience and/ or a Level 2 qualification in the subject area
Fees & funding:
Visit our fees & funding page for more information
How to apply:
When you're ready to apply, there's a few ways to start the process.
- Apply online - Start your application now!
- Call us on 0115 952 2075 and start your application over the phone or we can post you a paper application form
- Come and visit us at an open day and fill in your application on the day
Introduction to the Course
During this two-year course you'll learn the key elements that form the esports industry.
Leveraging Confetti's specialist facilities, we'll teach you about live streaming using the same industry standard broadcast technologies used for esports tournaments worldwide.
We'll teach you how to live mix and edit audio and video content, and produce tournament ready lighting effects and motion graphics. You'll learn the theory of game design, to support the creation of your own competitive game ideas.
You'll learn the importance of nutrition and personal fitness for esports competitors alongside a wide range of other subjects, key to developing your knowledge, understanding and skills.
100% of students on this course feel they are developing the skills that will help them to get work (QDP Student Survey Results, 2022)
- An introduction to the world of esports – a global industry
- Analytical skills and strategies used in esports by shoutcasters, athletes, teams and coaches specific to established and recognised gaming titles
- How businesses within esports operate, and how you can engage in developing the future of the UK esports scene
- Core games design theory associated with competitive gaming
- The importance and value of health, wellbeing and fitness for esports athletes
- Broadcast technologies and online streaming practices, focusing on the usage of premium hardware and software
- How to put on and engage with esports events when assuming a range of different roles associated with the production, marketing, management and participation
- Developing a career within the esports industry
Your modules will include:
- Introduction to Esports
- Esports Skills, Strategies and Analysis
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the Esports Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Fitness for Esports Players
- Esports Events
- Live-Streamed Broadscasing
- Producing and Esports Brand
- Video Production
- Games Design
- Esports Coaching
- Psychology for Esports Performance
- Nutrition for Esports Performance
- Customer Immersion Experiences
You’ll learn and practice in some amazing facilities.
Scheduled for autumn 2021, Confetti X will bring together years of expertise in live events, content creation, streaming and competitive gaming.
The complex will be a space for students to access the very best facilities and technology for esports production and other emerging technologies.
Here are just some of the features:
- A 100-seater 4k sqft multi-event esports venue and content studio
- 4k broadcast and content creation infrastructure
- Virtual live productions with Unreal Engine
- 10m x 4m 4K LED video wall with LED wings
- Multiple shoutcaster and analyst studio
- Multiple streaming cubicles
- Green screen studio for virtual sets
- Scrim rooms and private warm-up rooms for competitors
Confetti HQ & Metronome
Each of our esports studio spaces are kitted out with top of the line gaming and streaming gear, allowing our students to effectively and simultaneously study, game and stream.
You’ll have access to:
- Esports scrim room and studio fully equipped with Alienware machines and peripherals
- Games Studios fully equipped with Workstation PCs
- Latest industry-standard software packages including Autodesk Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Unreal Engine, Unity and more
- Hardware suites focused on research and development in Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Motion Capture
Our esports scrim rooms and studios have:
- Alienware Aurora R12
- 11th Gen Intel Core i9 processor
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 GPU
- 32GB RAM
- 2x Alienware 240Hz Gaming Monitors
- A combination of Razer and Alienware peripherals including webcams, microphones, headphones, keyboard and mice.
- Corsair T1 Race Gaming Chairs
Every year we welcome family, friends and industry professionals to watch, listen, test and play the fantastic work of our college students. This year, in light of the current restrictions, we’ve taken this showcase online.
Every year we go off timetable and invite some of the biggest names in the games industry to deliver talks, workshops and seminars for our students. It’s a great opportunity for our students to gain invaluable insights and industry connections.
Past Industry Week guests have included:
- The Oliver Twins
- Games Workshop
- Criterion Games - Liam Turton
Check out our OnDemand service here
“The extra opportunities I’ve been able to work on have been incredible.”
Continue your studies
Your time at Confetti doesn’t have to stop once you finish your college course. Choose to continue your studies on our range of foundation and full honours degrees that can help you further develop your skills and obtain the experience you need to get a head start in your career:
- Esports Competitor
- Esports Coach
- Shout Caster or Presenter
- Social Media Influencer
- Live Events Technician
- Broadcast Technician
- Video Editor