Advice and Pastoral Support
Our Student Services Team are located behind reception in the main Confetti HQ building. They offer support, information, advice and guidance for both college (FE) and university (HE) level Confetti students. Their office is open daily 8.30am – 5pm where you can arrange an appointment or if a member of the team is available, see them there and then. Our team is available to help with general enquiries, but can also offer information on specific areas of support, including:
- Pastoral Support, including mental health and wellbeing
- Finance and hardship advice
- Signposting to external services
This list is by no means exhaustive, and Student Services can discuss support available through Confetti, Nottingham Trent University and other agencies, where appropriate.
Information, Advice and Guidance
Our Information, Advice and Guidance officer is available on site to give you quality advice including help and advice from external bodies, throughout your Confetti journey. You can access help with:
- CV building
- Progression advice
- Finance support and signposting
You can also access specific support via the NTU Employability Team.
If you are struggling with anything and would like to talk about it then Confetti offers a confidential support service. You can either meet face to face or get advice online. Either drop into Student Services to book an appointment or contact us directly at email@example.com. Please note the content of your disclosure will be kept confidential except in the following circumstances:
- Where information given is indicating risk of abuse
- Where there is a serious perceived risk of harm to you or to others
- Where you give consent to breach confidentiality, for example if you would like us to make a referral to a permanent counsellor or set up a joint tutorial
- Where there are definite plans in place to harm yourself
- When the staff member is in need of support or guidance from their supervisor
- If records are demanded by the courts
Confetti is committed to the support and protection of children and vulnerable adults. Detailed and rigorous policies are in place to support all students in achieving their potential.
The Designated Senior Person for safeguarding at Confetti is Emma Talbot, to whom any queries can be directed. Full policy documentation is available on request.
Information on Complaints and Appeals appears in the HE Student Handbook. To make a complaint you should talk to your tutor or course leader in the first instance. To make a formal complaint contact firstname.lastname@example.org.