Music and events at Confetti
Are you a born performer, aspiring music technician or keen live events planner? Wherever your strengths lie, at Confetti we will nurture your talents and give you the experience, practice and access to the right facilities to allow you to grow your skills in music and live events.
Why you should study Music and Events with us:
- Benefit from being part of Nottingham Trent – University of the Year 2017
- Industry-standard facilities including 350 capacity live music venue, rehearsal spaces, recording suites, a post-production studio and much more. Our facilities also house high-specification equipment including a 48 channel SSL Duality console
- Our annual Industry Week is inspiring for students, and features talks from a variety of household names such as Professor Green, Chase and Status, DJ Yoda and many more
- We pride ourselves on our industry connections, which allow students to ‘do it for real’ and experience working in their chosen industries alongside their studies. Past students have gained work experience with the likes of BBC and Rough Trade, and at Splendour and many other events
Hear from a Confetti student
Meet the industry
Expect a course jam-packed with big-name guests hosting talks and workshops, giving you the chance to meet some of the most well-connected names in the music industry. Guests have included:
- Nick Raphael – President of Capitol Records who signed Sam Smith
- Jason Hart – Jake Bugg’s manager
- Professor Green
- Andy Copping – Download Festival
- Michael Eavis – Founder at Glastonbury
- Andy Rodgers – Senior Producer of Live Music, BBC Radio 1
Courses available in this subject area
FDSC AUDIO AND MUSIC TECHNOLOGY
Full time | 2 years | J931
This course covers the science and technology of audio and recording systems and how these can be used effectively in recording, mixing, mastering and sound design.
BSC (HONS) AUDIO AND MUSIC TECHNOLOGY
Full time | 3 years | P316
This industry-focused course will give you the professional, creative, intellectual and technical skills needed to succeed in a career within this area. You’ll learn to use industry-standard software and technology within exceptional facilities.
FDA MUSIC PERFORMANCE
Full time | 2 years | W310
This foundation degree is focused on providing you with live performance experience, as well as a chance to develop your instrumental or vocal skills and style.
BA (HONS) MUSIC PERFORMANCE
Full time | 3 years | P322
The focus of this degree is on skills, professional practice and techniques in writing, recording and performing. The facilities and teaching will help you become the performer you want to be, confident both in the recording studio and on the stage.
FDSC LIVE AND TECHNICAL EVENTS
Full time | 2 years | J930
This course gives you the opportunity to learn in a real live event venue, working with industry-standard software and equipment, and being trained by professionals.
BSC (HONS) LIVE AND TECHNICAL EVENTS
Full time | 3 years | P320
On this degree, you’ll learn about the technology and software that is used within live event production. You’ll learn from well-connected industry professionals with extensive experience of live sound, lighting, video technology installation and much more.
Find out more
Advice & Support
You’ll have access to a wide range of Student Support Services – all geared up to help you get the most out of your time here.
Book onto an open day
Coming to an open day can be crucial in helping you decide where – and what – you want to study
Fees & Funding
Fees and funding can be quite difficult to get your head around. We’ve pulled together all you need to know in one handy section.