The Government has announced Nottingham has moved into Tier 4 on Thursday 31 December.
Tier 4 restrictions mean:
- Everyone should stay at home unless for specific purposes – these include to access education
- All non – essential retail must close
- Venues must remain closed to the public but can serve takeaway, and click-and-collect products.
- Social gatherings indoors are not permitted unless with those within your support bubble.
- You can meet one other person outside your household or support bubble outside
For the full details and all of the Tier 4 restrictions, please visit the Government’s website.
Important information regarding the start of Spring term
The Department for Education has advised that colleges and universities delay the start of the Spring term and stagger the return to site in January to enable coronavirus testing to take place.
As a general rule this now means our students will begin the new term online only from Monday 11 January. A return to onsite activity is expected from Monday 18 January for college-level students and from Monday 25 January for degree-level students.
Some exceptions apply for students with special support needs and who are taking exams in 2021. Please check your email for more information. Your tutor will be in touch with amendments to your timetables.
The Department for Education Guidance for Education Providers can be found here.
For the latest updates and advice on Covid-19, please visit our Stay Safe page.