Additional Learning Support –
Disabled Student Allowance

If you have a disability, health condition or learning difficulty, you may be able to apply for support funding through Disabled Student Allowances (DSAs). Allowances are needs and evidence-based; you may be entitled to specialist equipment, non-medical helpers (NMH) and/or additional travel costs, dependent on your individual situation. For more information about how to apply, visit the website:

Non-medical helpers – This is the title for the support workers that are funded via DSA.  There are a number of organisations who provide non-medical help (such as study skills or mentoring) including Confetti; your needs assessor will source a provider with you.

You can find the NMH support available at Confetti here. 

Please note that, although linked to Nottingham Trent University (NTU), Confetti is a separate entity and we have our own small team of DSA registered NMH support. NTU is unable to support Confetti learners. You may want to make sure that your needs assessor knows this.

We recommend that, on your DSA application, you consent to share your information; that way we can support you if necessary in any communication with DSA and Student Finance England.

It is important to apply early for your DSA as the process can take up to 3 months.