We’re excited to announce multi-award-winning Hip-Hop DJ and producer DJ Yoda will be at Industry Week! Not only will he be giving a talk about The Art of DJing, but he is headlining Confetti Industry Week presents DJ Yoda + Guests – a one night only exclusive event at Nottingham Trent Students’ Union, featuring his pioneering audio visual entertainment.
No typical club DJ, his interests lie in finding fresh and unique ways to bring turntables out of the club and getting involved in bespoke collaborations. Working with classical composers to neuroscientists; brass bands to film directors; Dr Dre to Dame Evelyn Glennie; Banksy to Mark Ronson; BBC Radio 4 to the BFI, he adapts his craft to create the most unique sounds and visuals.
The viral success of his Stranger Things Mix (below) racked up more than a quarter million plays on Soundcloud, culminating in his UK Tour of Stranger Things The Mixtape Live. He was Dr Dre’s first choice to record a guest mix on his inaugural Beats 1 show for Apple Music in 2015, and was one of a select band of artists to perform at Banksy’s pop-up Bemusement Park, Dismaland. His eclectic series of How to Cut & Paste mixtapes (below) offer a uniquely British take on hip-hop music and culture.
DJ Yoda’s Audio Visual Entertainment
DJ Yoda’s Mixes
Industry Week Events
DJ Yoda will be giving a talk about The Art of DJing on Friday 10 March, 3.30pm – 5pm at Space 2. This is a great chance to gain insights into his career, and to understand what is needed to be a great DJ & producer.
He will be headlining Confetti Industry Week presents DJ Yoda + Guests on Friday 10 March, 7pm – 11pm at Nottingham Trent Students’ Union. The event has a limited number of tickets so it’s recommended you register as soon as you can. For more information go to the Facebook event, or to register for a ticket go to the booking page.
Want to bring a mate? General sale tickets are available for £10 from the NTSU website.
Must read before continuing:
- You can only attend this event with a PRINTED TICKET.
- Must use valid confetti email address to register for free ticket
- Free Entry tickets are valid until 8pm only, please ensure you arrive at the venue early to be guaranteed entry. Doors open at 7pm.
- Free Entry tickets are only valid for students of Confetti & NTU. ID from your institution will be required upon entry. Friends can buy tickets from Nottingham Trent Students’ Union website.
- Tickets are non-transferable, only the person named on the ticket will be permitted entry.
- The event is open to over 16’s only. Age ID required on entry.
DJ Yoda will be joined by top industry guests from the music, film, TV and games industries. Book your tickets for Industry Week before they run out – check out our guests and plan who you want to see!
Want to be part of Industry Week 2018?