Confetti will be closing for the Christmas break, here is information on the support you can access during our closure…
Confetti Student Services will be closing at 5pm on Tuesday 20 December and reopening on Tuesday 3 January at 08:30.
We understand that the winter break can be particularly hard for some people, particularly in terms of mental health and finances. If you require any out of hours support, please use the below websites to search for a support service local to you.
Mental Health Support England
- NHS Mental Health Helplines are available for people of all ages throughout England. You can also text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258 for text support. Please use your postcode to search here: https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/mental-health/find-an-urgent-mental-health-helpline
Mental Health Support Scotland
- Breathing Space is a free confidential phone and web chat service for anyone over the age of 16 and living in Scotland. For more details, please visit the website: https://breathingspace.scot/
Mental Health Support Wales
- If you live in Wales, you can use the C.A.L.L (Community Advice and Listening Line) for Mental Health Support. They have a text or phone call service: https://www.callhelpline.org.uk/
Mental Health Support Northern Ireland
- To find an appropriate mental health support service in Northern Ireland, please visit the directory at ‘Minding your head’ to see what is available to you: https://www.mindingyourhead.info/services
National Foodbank Support
The Trussell Trust support a nationwide network of foodbanks, providing support to 1200 centres in the network. You can search your postcode here to find your nearest foodbank: https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/find-a-foodbank/
If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness, please visit the relevant Shelter website for guidance. Shelter helps people struggling with bad housing or homelessness through advice, support and legal services.
- Shelter England: https://england.shelter.org.uk/get_help
- Shelter Scotland: https://scotland.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice
- Shelter Wales: https://sheltercymru.org.uk/get-advice/
- Shelter Northern Ireland: https://www.shelterni.org/get-help/get-help
If you or someone else is at immediate risk or require urgent support, please speak with a trusted adult (such as a parent/guardian), contact your GP during their normal working hours, present at your local A&E Department or dial 999.
As a Confetti Student, you have access to Togetherall. Togetherall is a safe, online community where people support each other anonymously to improve mental health and wellbeing. You can sign up here using your student email address: https://bit.ly/togetherall23
Student Services hope you have a rested break and we look forward to seeing you in the New Year.