From the 4-8 March, Industry Week will be in full force – for a week, Confetti students will be given a taster and real insight into the most exciting and competitive creative industries in the world. Here, we share our tips on how to prepare for this week of events…
Industry Week really is the pinnacle of the Confetti calendar, and this year is set to be bigger and better than ever before. Meeting industry professionals and getting tips about entry into and success within creative industries is something that really gives our students the edge, and is incredibly valuable for career aspirations and future plans.
We encourage our students to make the most of the week, so here are some handy tips on how you can do this…
- If you haven’t already, book onto the events you’d like to go to via the Industry Week website
- Grab your programme from your tutor the week before Industry Week so you know where to go for what event
- Do your research on the guest before the event
- Prepare the questions you’d like to ask in advance so you get the most out of each talk
- Bringing a notepad to make notes (there’s a space on your programme for this too!)
- Introduce yourself to the speaker – make an impression – you never know what opportunities could come from it!
- If you want to write reviews of events, we’d love to hear from you! Get in touch with the Marketing team
- Download the Eventbrite app to import events into your mobile calendar Just look at the handy guide on our blog for tips on how to do this
Take a look at last year’s highlights for yourself.