Games art, production and esports at Confetti
Immerse yourself in the world of gaming design at Nottingham’s creative hub. Wherever your strengths lie, at Confetti we will nurture your talents and give you the experience, practice and access to the right facilities to allow you to grow your skills in the gaming field.
Why you should study games art, production and esports with us:
- Get access to industry-spec workstation PCs running a variety of software packages
- Our annual Industry Week is inspiring for students, and features talks from a variety of household names such as Andy Davis (Rockstar Games), Hollie Bennett (PlayStation Access Channel Manager) and Karl Hilton (Crytek)
- At Confetti, we pride ourselves on our industry links which allow students to ‘do it for real’ and experience working in their chosen industries alongside their studies. Past students have gained work experience with the likes of Lockwood Publishing, Dambuster Studios and many others, allowing them to fully immerse themselves within the gaming industry whilst still studying – not just learn about it from a distance
Meet the industry
Expect a course jam-packed with big-name guests hosting talks and workshops, giving you the chance to meet some of the most well-connected names in the music industry.
- BAFTA award-winning Senior Concept and Environment Artist Anna Hollinrake
- Andy Davis – Splash Damage
- Mike Bithell from Thomas was Alone
- Ian Livingstone
- Deepsilver Dambusters
- Lockwood Publishing
Courses available in this subject area
FDA GAMES ART
Full time | 2 years | I630
This course is perfect for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the games art industry. You will be taught how to create a game’s visual elements including 2D graphics, 3D characters and environment models, surface textures and user interface components.
BA (HONS) GAMES ART
Full time | 3 years | P323
Studying this course will provide you with industry-specific software skills as well as the ability to be innovative and adaptable in your art. You’ll develop an understanding of the core areas of games art, including pre-production visualisation, production concept art, asset production and project management.
FDSC GAMES TECHNOLOGY
Full time | 2 years | I620
If you want to learn the core skills required for a career in the games industry, this course is the right choice for you. The course content includes grounding in games architecture, asset production, games design and the industry as a whole.
BSC (HONS) GAMES PRODUCTION
Full time | 3 years | P321
This degree enables you to develop a fundamental understanding of games production, including product development, project management and manufacturing, alongside personal investigation of key technologies such as games engines, 3D software and animation hardware.
Find out more
Advice & Support
You’ll have access to a wide range of Student Support Services – all geared up to help you get the most out of your time here.
Book onto an open day
Coming to an open day can be crucial in helping you decide where – and what – you want to study
Fees & Funding
Fees and funding can be quite difficult to get your head around. We’ve pulled together all you need to know in one handy section.