Film, TV and VFX production at Confetti
Whether you’re a dab hand behind a camera or at your computer creating stunning visual effects, we’ve got the course for you. Wherever your strengths lie, at Confetti we will nurture your talents and give you the experience, practice and access to the right facilities to allow you to grow your skills in TV, film and visual effects.
Why you should study Film, TV or VFX production with us:
- Benefit from being part of Nottingham Trent, which was named University of the Year in 2017
- Industry-standard facilities including a television studio space, green screen VFX studio, screening room and production lab to name just a few
- Our annual Industry Week is inspiring for students, and features talks from a variety of household names such as actors Vicky McClure and Joe Dempsie, director Shane Meadows, documentary filmmaker Nick Broomfield and many more
- At Confetti, we pride ourselves on our industry links which allow students to ‘do it for real’, and experience working in their chosen industries alongside their studies. Past students have gained work experience with the likes of BBC and Notts TV, and at Nottingham Forest, Splendour Festival and many more
Hear from a Confetti student
Meet the industry
Expect a course jam-packed with big-name guests hosting talks and workshops, giving you the chance to meet some of the most well-connected names in the music industry.
- Director Shane Meadows
- BAFTA winner Vicky McClure
- Documentary filmmaker Nick Broomfield
- Emmerdale actors Sammy Winward and Roxy Shahidi
- Motion and facial capture artist Rebecca Leybourne (Star Wars and The Avengers)
- Aardman Animations (Shaun the Sheep)
Courses available in this subject area
FDSC FILM PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY
Full time | 2 years | P313
On this course, you will gain a fantastic grounding in the skills required to work within a range of roles in the film production process, and will build up a strong portfolio of film work tailored to your career aspirations.
BSC (HONS) FILM PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY
Full time | 3 years | P317
This degree will equip you with the comprehensive range of skills needed for a career in film production. You will work with the latest film production technologies to develop your understanding and practical application of filmmaking.
FDSC TELEVISION PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY
Full time | 2 years | P311
This innovative course embraces our ever-changing viewing habits, and teaches the necessary technical skills required for a career in TV production. Whether you want to work as a Youtuber, music video director, documentary filmmaker, this course will equip you with the skills and experience you need.
BSC (HONS) TELEVISION PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY
Full time | 3 years | P318
This degree will allow you to build up a wealth of experience across all areas of TV production, before specialising and leaving with a strong portfolio of work. You will gain real experience working alongside local television station Notts TV, providing you with on-the-job training and even IMDB credits.
FDSC VISUAL EFFECTS PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY
Full time | 2 years | I700
On this course, you will explore the VFX industry and how it is integral to the film, television and advertising. You’ll be taught the skills required of a VFX specialist, equipping you for a career in the industry.
BSC (HONS) VISUAL EFFECTS PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY
Full time | 3 years | P319
This degree explores the role of VFX and post-production in film and will enable you to develop the skills required for the creation of a wide range of dynamic and creative photo-real content. You’ll be taught to use industry-standard software including Nuke, Mari and ZBrush, preparing you to enter the industry in a range of specialist roles.
Find out more
Advice & Support
You’ll have access to a wide range of Student Support Services – all geared up to help you get the most out of your time here.
Book onto an open day
Coming to an open day can be crucial in helping you decide where – and what – you want to study
Fees & Funding
Fees and funding can be quite difficult to get your head around. We’ve pulled together all you need to know in one handy section.