The 16 – 19 Tuition Fund
Confetti will be providing additional tutorial support c/o the 16-19 Tuition Fund to those learners deemed most at risk of falling behind in their studies as a consequence of disruption to learning caused by the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Learners who will benefit from this additional funding will be selected to participate based on individual needs and stated DfE eligibility criteria. The main groups will be:-
- Those learners with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan
- Those learners who have a grade 4 or below in GCSE Maths and/or English
We will be using this funding to supplement existing teaching resources through the recruitment of additional English and Maths tutors. In addition to this, we will be increasing hours for existing staff to provide further English and Maths tuition together with additional tutorials covering:
- Counselling and mental health support/one to one guidance
- Additional staff hours for pastoral support
- Enhanced timetabling activities for our most at-risk learners to ensure additional tutorial support is fully embedded
The 16-19 Tuition Fund cohort groups will be small, no more than 10 per group and in some cases depending on identified need may be one to one.
The 16-19 Tuition Fund will not be used exclusively to provide additional support with English and Maths and a needs assessment will be carried out with each learner to determine other support/learning needs based on their overall learning aims.
We will continually review the impact of these additional measures and provide further direct support where necessary to ensure no learner is left behind. The 16-19 tuition fund allows Confetti to further enhance its own programme of providing laptops and other learning technology to our learners who are most in need.